Making Grandma (And You) Feel More Secure, Connected
TechDad sells and installs several products that can help to create a safe and engaged aging-in-place environment where seniors can feel secure and connected— and their adult children can feel confident knowing what is happening in their parents' home. TechDad provides caring guidance to seniors and their caregivers in utilizing and setting up these devices OR you can hire us to maintain and train. We also teach caregivers how to maintain the Wi-Fi connection to ensure these devices work around the clock.
Some of the products/apps we work with:
- Hue Lights
- Nest Thermostat
- Nest Protect
- Ring Doorbell
These products allow you to:
- Control temperature.
- Track meals, exercise, medication consumption and report back to caregivers.
- Monitor who is ringing the doorbell or crossing the front or rear door threshold.
- Turn lights on automatically at sunset and trigger by motion at night.
- Lock and unlock doors remotely or from another room without getting up.
- Provide unlock codes for individuals to track when they enter and depart premises.
- Keep loved ones engaged with music and movies using tablets, Pandora, Sonos, Netflix.
- Set up an Alexa to be activated to call a loved one simply using voice commands. (The old Medic Alert "Help I've fallen and I can't get up" has been replaced by "Hey Siri, call 911" or "Hey Alexa, call my daughter.")
- Use video chat to keep in contact with loved ones daily
TechDad’s patient technicians can also show you how to use assistive services on phones, tablets, and computers to make operating easier on aging eyes and ears. We’ll show you how to adjust for larger type, higher contrast, voice guidance, magnifying glass, and adjusted touch for people with tremors.
Technology can be intimidating for many people, making them feel even more isolated and cut off. TechDad is dedicated to making technology accessible to everyone. Please call us to show you or your BabyBoomer parents how to make the most out of today’s innovations.