Tech Tips for Back to School
'A Comprehensive ‘Tech To School’ Q & A from TechDad
Whether you're a parent, student or teacher, it’s that time of year when we say "farewell" to summer and prepare for the back-to-school bustle! Technology is now intertwined with and embedded into all areas of education, which is why it’s important for TechDad to keep our clients up-to-date. For this, we’ve put together a quick & easy guide to help you transition back into school mode. Below are a few questions you may be (or should be) asking as you prepare for the school year ahead. While we hope that you will find these links are very informative, please make sure to keep TechDad in mind when you need a little extra personalized assistance with your technology. We're always here to help!
You Have The 'Q's, We'll Help You Get Straight 'A's
- Is my printer up to snuff?
- What’s the difference between inkjet and laser printers?
- How do I make my printer wireless or remote?
- What are the best Bluetooth speakers available?
- What are some Parental Control options I should know about?
- What are the best Apps to use for College?
- Which wireless router should I be using?
- What are the best streaming devices out there?
*NOTE: We advise clients to hold off on the purchase of a new Apple TV until after September 12, as Apple is rumored to be announcing a new 4K Apple TV on this date. Techdad will be following the announcement very closely and will be happy to discuss the new product and features in detail with you.
- What's a firewall and why should I have one for my home, dorm or office?
A firewall is a system designed to protect your internet devices from outside hackers, fraudsters & unwelcome data. Check out this informative article on firewalls.